Building on a legacy of advanced medical science
From its inception in 2010, Sunovion has focused on building its global infrastructure, throughout North America and Europe in particular, to broaden the availability of current and future medicines.
Sunovion has reinforced its track record of bringing new Central Nervous System (CNS) therapies to people with serious medical conditions, including treatments to address psychiatric and neurological therapies to people with serious medical conditions. We pioneered a unique approach to discovery in neurological medicine based on a systems neurobiology platform that facilitates rapid clinical development. In Canada, we are also focused in the area of infectious disease.
Sunovion has developed and supported leading advocacy programs, working with national advocacy partners in the U.S., and have has also supported hundreds of other advocacy events held regionally in Canada, the U.S., and the U.K.
Sunovion proudly supports hundreds of employees donating thousands of volunteer hours to the local communities in which they live and work.
Key Global Milestones
- Sunovion Hands On! Annual Community Service Program contributes more than 25,000 employee volunteer hours in 415+ projects in seven years to community organizations and relief efforts
- Health Canada approves of Aptiom® (eslicarbazepine acetate) as adjunctive therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures in adolescents above six years of age and as a monotherapy for adults with epilepsy
- FDA approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical for the treatment of schizophrenia in adolescents aged 13 to 17 years
- Ranks as second-fastest growing pharmaceutical company in the U.S.*
- Receives Corporate Responsibility Award from the United Way of Tri-County for partnership in creating stronger communities
- Completes acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics and its product candidate designed to address OFF episodes associated with Parkinson’s disease
- Sunovion marks its fifth anniversary
- Honoured with Corporate Leadership Award from The JED Foundation for efforts in mental health
- Receives Scrip Award for Management Team of the Year and Silver Stevie Award for its Global Clinical Development Organization
- European Commission grants Marketing Authorization for a Sunovion pharmaceutical for the treatment of schizophrenia in adults
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd. begins commercialization of a Sunovion pharmaceutical in the U.K. for treatment of schizophrenia
- Marketing approval for a Sunovion pharmaceutical is obtained in Australia for the treatment of adult patients with schizophrenia
- Health Canada approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical as an adjunctive treatment for partial-onset seizures in patients with epilepsy
- The FDA approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in adult patients with depressive episodes associated with bipolar I disorder
- The FDA approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical as an adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures in patients with epilepsy
- Sunovion’s U.K. subsidiary is renamed Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Europe Ltd.
- Completes acquisition of Elevation Pharmaceuticals and its product candidate to address moderate-to-severe COPD
- Launches annual Hands On! community service program to give back where employees live and work
- Health Canada approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical for treatment of adult patients with schizophrenia
- Announces partnership with CARE to help improve the health and lives of those in need
- Sunovion is established following the integration of Sepracor Inc. and Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma America, Inc., former U.S. operations of Sunovion’s parent company Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- The FDA approves a Sunovion pharmaceutical for the treatment of adult patients with schizophrenia